Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Housing at Florida State Law School

The information comes from a 1L posting on Law School Discussion

On-campus housing is very affordable (I'll be paying around $4,500 for the school year, or about $450/month) and includes all utilities and internet, though no cable or phone (both extra options priced at pretty standard rates). The housing itself is pretty good so far as on-campus housing goes, but it does leave a few things to be desired. If I had it all to do over again though, I would have came down a few months before school started and got an off-campus apartment. There are a ton of apartments right across the street from the law school that run around $500-600/month with some utilities included and wireless internet access available. It will cost a few hundred dollars more per month, but you save yourself a decent walk and get your own place (I have my own bedroom but have to share a bathroom with one other guy and a kitchen area with 3 guys, it's actually a lot like Air Force housing). Everyone I know that lives in the apartments by the law school is pretty happy with them. There are some other really nice apartments to the West of campus (the law school is on the extreme East side of campus), but I don't know much about them besides that they look really nice, are in a nice part of town with lots of businesses, the buses run by them every 20 minutes, and a lot of 2Ls and 3Ls that I know live in them despite their distance from the law school (at least a half hour walk, maybe more). If you want anything more specific or need me to look anything up, just ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home